General janitorial supplies are products that are essential for any commercial and industrial facility. They not only keep your establishment clean and well-maintained, but quality products also lower your cleaning costs, increase the productivity of cleaning staff, and keep your employees and patrons safe.
Below is a list of general janitorial products and supplies that will make your cleaning efforts more effective and efficient.
Cleaning staff use several janitorial products and supplies around the facility. Regardless if you operate in a small space, an organization system for your industrial cleaning supplies is a must. It helps staff quickly locate products in one place, saves time, and ensures that you have all you need.
- Janitor cart – Cleaning carts can come with heavy-duty bags for garbage collection, drawers for supplies, and compartments to store cleaning products. Modern cleaning carts are highly innovative, with flexible organizational systems, locking cabinet doors for extra security, and easy-to-maneuver compact designs.
- Caddy bags that fit specifically around garbage containers make it easy to wheel through the facilities with everything you need on hand, from paper towels to spray bottles, dusters and sponges.
- Caddy – Ideal for smaller facilities that only require a few cleaning products or areas that need quick clean up. A simple caddy can fit a multi-purpose cleaner, microfibre cloths, disinfectant, and other supplies.
If you’re using any type of cleaning chemicals, it’s important to keep your skin, eyes, and hands safe. The following is a standard list of janitorial safety equipment that every business needs.
- Face mask – Stock up on disposable face masks to protect yourself from harsh chemical fumes.
- Protective gloves – Choose from disposable nitrile, vinyl, latex, heavy-duty rubber, or a foam-coated option resistant to snags and abrasions.
- Safety glasses
- Emergency eyewash station
Along with the above organizational and safety equipment, use the following list as a starting point to keep a well-stocked inventory of cleaning products and supplies.
- General janitorial supplies
- Microfibre cloths for cleaning surfaces
- Glass cleaning clothes for windows and mirrors
- Extendable duster
- Vacuum with attachments for hard surfaces and carpet
- ‘Closed-for-cleaning’ sign
- ‘Caution: wet floor’ sign
- Toilet brush and hand scrubber
- Mop and bucket
- Broom and dustpan
- Window squeegee
- Window scraper
- General janitorial chemical products
- All-purpose cleaner
- Streak-free glass cleaner
- Non-acid and acid-based toilet bowl cleaner
- Air freshener
- Floor surface cleaner
- Stainless steel appliance cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Final thoughts
When making a list of general janitorial products for your commercial facility, consider supplies that will provide an effective clean with the least amount of effort and time. The right products and supplies are a solution to daily cleaning constraints and provide a safe environment for staff and customers.