It’s no secret – we’re pretty passionate about cleaning over here at Apple Cleaning Supplies. We’ve seen the impact of what a clean facility can have and how the right supplies not only reduce operational costs but improves overall health and safety. It’s been another incredible year of providing commercial and industrial cleaning supplies and an exciting expansion to Kelowna for our local cleaning supply store.
We can’t thank you enough for your support and we will continue to do our part to help you maintain a safe and clean facility.
Cleaning tips for the holidays
The holiday season is meant to be full of fun and merriment – and more messes! Be sure to:
- Pay extra attention to your floors – It’s the time of year when people are tracking in snow, salt, gravel, and sand – especially with more foot traffic during a busy time. We recommend cleaning floors more often throughout the day, especially mopping up any wet areas that can be a safety concern. Consider investing in a floor machine to save time.
- Leave cleaning supplies out in the open – Of course, we don’t mean leaving buckets of chemicals and equipment out in the hallways and offices! We recommend keeping a spray bottle with an all-purpose cleaner and a microfibre cloth within reach where it makes sense, including the reception area, on top of a kitchen counter, in conference rooms, and on bathroom counters.
- More mishaps happen during this busy time, such as spills and general messes. Having cleaning supplies visible encourages team members to maintain a clean environment and spot cleaning throughout the day assists the overnight cleaning staff.
- Order your supplies now for the new year – More messes mean more products used, which can quickly sneak up on you when you’re out of supplies in the new year. Start the year off right with a good stock of all cleaning supplies you use regularly.
Essential commercial and industrial cleaning supplies
Of course, your essential cleaning supplies list will vary depending on the type of facility, type of cleaning, and frequency. Here are some of the most essential supplies to have on hand.
- Multipurpose cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Toilet cleaner
- Dishwasher chemicals
- Laundry detergent
- Floor cleaner
Tools & accessories
- Microfibre cloths, colour-coded for each room
- An extendable rod for hard-to-reach areas
- Glass polishing cloths
- Washable dusters
- Cleaning brushes of different sizes, including a toilet cleaner and a small brush for detailed work
- Safety equipment, including both reusable gloves and disposable gloves
- A cleaning cart
- Dustpan and broom
- Mop and bucket
- Bottles, triggers, and pumps
- A separate bucket to put dirty cloths in
- A tool belt for convenience
- Commercial Sweeper – Floor sweepers remove dirt and trap it, so it doesn’t scatter back into the environment. Unlike a vacuum, commercial sweepers have powerful circular brushes that break down built-up dirt before the suction picks up the dirt and passes it through a filtering unit. Professional sweepers can be used on low-pile carpets, hard surfaces, and outdoors to keep walkways clean.
- Automatic Scrubber – An automatic scrubber, also known as a power scrubber or floor scrubber, eliminates the need for a traditional mop and bucket. Auto scrubbers can do the job more efficiently and with less strain on workers. These machines rely on rotating brushes to gently scrub the surface without damage while wetting the surface with water or steam. As the grime is broken down, it is extracted back into the equipment and leaves behind a clean, polished surface.
- Kaivac No-Touch Cleaning System – A no-touch cleaning system is equipped with an indoor pressure washer, a wet vacuum, and an automatic chemical injection that works together to achieve a deep clean. The low-pressure spray and cleaning solution breaks down tough stains and built-up dirt. The floor is then rinsed with clean water and vacuumed dry to leave behind an incredibly clean finish.
- Carpet Extractor – For facilities with carpet, an extractor is a must-have piece of equipment for deep cleaning. While vacuuming effectively removes surface-level dirt, carpet extractors can remove dirt and stains that are deeply embedded into the carpet fibres. Carpet extractors use water, pressure, suction, and centrifugal force to suck up moisture, minimizing the amount of time the carpet needs to dry. Deep cleaning carpet helps keep the carpet looking fresh and new.
- Burnishers and Polishers – Professional floor burnishers and polishers leave behind a streak-free and high gloss finish for facilities that need to make an impression such as malls, retail stores, schools, and hospitals. These machines use a brush or a pad to effectively remove marks and can also be combined with a sealant that protects the floor against damage.
- Power Steamer – Steam effectively lifts grease, grime, hard water deposits, and mold. Commercial power steamers are excellent for detailed cleaning in kitchens, bathrooms, grouted floors, draperies, and carpets. Today’s power steamers require very little drying time.
Happy Holidays from our team to you
From the team at Apple Cleaning Supplies to you and your loved ones, we wish you a Happy, Healthy Holidays! We look forward to serving you in 2023 and beyond for all of your cleaning needs.