Industrial and commercial facilities need to be vacuumed daily to keep the space clean, presentable, and safe for all who use the building. With a large amount of cleaning, an industrial vacuum cleaner is necessary because they are specifically designed to handle large spaces and heavy use.
When compared to residential vacuums, industrial vacuum cleaners have a larger canister, more suction power, a more powerful motor, a larger filter, and they can work continuously for a longer time. Most facilities don’t need to replace their industrial vacuum cleaner for years. As a business owner, you want industrial cleaning supplies that can last a very long time before needing to be replaced – and the vacuum is one of them.
To help you choose the right type of industrial vacuum cleaner, let’s start with understanding the different formats.
Different types of industrial vacuums
- Upright – A classic design with the bag or canister located on the handle and a powered cleaning head. These machines are easy to maneuver and are ideal for general-purpose cleaning, such as offices, retail stores, and hotels. One of the most significant advantages of upright vacuums is their convenience. You don’t need to pull around a separate canister, and they are easy to transport.
- Backpack – Lightweight, easy to carry, and ergonomic, backpack vacuums can significantly reduce fatigue for the user with back support and ergonomic pads. Furthermore, backpack vacuums free up your hands to move furniture out of the way and to easily manage the wand and cord. This type of vacuum cleaner offers high maneuverability and versatility, making them great for spaces with many different levels.
- Canister – Canister vacuums are fitted with wheels and maneuverable cleaning heads attached to a flexible hose, making them perfect for cleaning around corners, stairs, and furniture. They are easy to maneuver and are available in larger canister sizes to tackle big cleaning jobs.
- Cordless – Go anywhere you want, clean everywhere you need; cordless vacuums allow you to clean without the restrictions of a power cord. Cordless vacuums eliminate the need for cord management and having to find an outlet that will help you reach as far as possible. Today’s cordless vacuums offer up to 75 minutes and more of runtime with a fast-charging battery.
- Wet/Dry – These vacuums are designed to clean up any mess, including liquids and fine debris. They are ideal for auto shops, restaurants, childcare facilities, and establishments where liquid spills and messes are common.
Factors to consider when choosing an industrial vacuum cleaner
With so many options to choose from, it can be a daunting task to find a vacuum that will work best for your facility. Keep in mind that while one vacuum may sound like an incredible piece of machinery, it may not work for the facility. For example, a canister vacuum may be the top-of-the-line model but may not work for your building that has a lot of stairs.
Before you choose a vacuum cleaner, consider the following:
- The size and type of space you’re cleaning
- Worker comfort and safety
- The type and amount of material to clean
- Frequency of use
- Noise level
- Ease of use
If you haven’t done so already, it’s a good idea to involve your cleaning staff in choosing the type of industrial vacuum cleaner they would be comfortable using. The right cleaning equipment should help your team members safely and efficiently keep the facilities clean while reducing physical fatigue and exertion.
Where to find quality industrial vacuum cleaners in Calgary and Kelowna
An industrial vacuum cleaner is an investment and one that will pay off with more efficient and effective cleaning. At Apple Cleaning Supplies, we can help you find an industrial vacuum that’s just right for the type of cleaning you’ll be doing. We will never try to sell you a more expensive product that you don’t need and will only give professional guidance for all of your industrial cleaning needs. Contact us today for more information.