Did you know that commercial vacuum cleaning can account for up to 25% of a business’s total cleaning costs? This is because most commercial spaces require daily vacuum cleaning, which takes up a significant amount of time and money. Without the right commercial vacuum cleaner, the time, effort, and resources it takes to vacuum can add up, highlighting how crucial it is to choose the right equipment.
If you’re looking for a supplier that sells quality commercial vacuums in Calgary and Kelowna, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to learn more about the different types of commercial vacuums and their ideal applications.
Different types of commercial vacuums
Commercial vacuums differ from standard residential vacuums because they are more powerful and have the capacity to clean larger spaces. Each type of commercial vacuum has advantages and disadvantages, depending on the type of commercial space you’re cleaning.
- Wet/Dry – These vacuums are designed to clean up any mess, including liquids and fine debris. They are ideal for auto shops, restaurants, childcare facilities, and establishments where liquid spills and messes are common.
- Upright – Upright vacuums are a classic design with the bag or canister located on the handle and a powered cleaning head. These machines are easy to manoeuvre and are ideal for general-purpose cleaning, such as offices, retail stores, and hotels. One of the most significant advantages of upright vacuums is their convenience – you don’t need to pull around a separate canister, and they are easy to transport.
- Backpack – Backpack vacuums are lightweight, easy to carry, and ergonomic. They can significantly reduce fatigue for the user with back support and ergonomic pads. Furthermore, backpack vacuums free up your hands to move furniture out of the way and to easily manage the wand and cord. This type of vacuum cleaner offers high maneuverability and versatility, making them great for spaces with many different levels.
- Cordless – Go anywhere you want, clean everywhere you need; cordless vacuums allow you to clean without the restrictions of a power cord. Cordless vacuums eliminate the need for cord management and having to find an outlet that will help you reach as far as possible. Today’s cordless vacuums offer up to 75 minutes and more of runtime with a fast-charging battery.
HEPA filters & replacement bags
All vacuum cleaners come with a filter, whether they are washable or disposable. Many commercial vacuum cleaners also require replacement bags unless they have a canister that can be emptied and washed.
HEPA, an acronym for “high-efficiency particulate air filter”, is the standard for commercial vacuum cleaners. HEPA filters can remove up to 99.97% of dust, pollen, bacteria, mold, and other airborne particles with a size of 0.3 microns.
Commercial vacuum filters should be replaced twice yearly as they are used daily. Replacement bags should be changed before they become too full. Many of today’s commercial vacuum cleaners have an automatic alert system that notifies you when the bag needs to be replaced.
Tips for preserving the lifespan of your vacuum cleaner
A commercial vacuum cleaner is an investment and one that you want to keep in good working order for as long as possible. While commercial vacuums are engineered to handle heavy-duty cleaning, they still require proper care and maintenance. We recommend:
- Following the manufacturer’s recommendations on when to change or wash the filter and replacement bag or canister, whichever one applies to your particular vacuum.
- Avoid vacuuming large and sharp items as this can cause blockage or damage the hose.
- Only vacuum liquids with a wet/dry vacuum. Vacuuming liquids can ruin the motor if it’s not a wet/dry vacuum.
- Scheduling regular servicing. Like any piece of equipment, vacuums need servicing to help maintain their life. Be sure to schedule a routine maintenance appointment every year.
- Don’t ignore issues. Whether it’s a less powerful suction or a strange noise, it’s important to address potential problems immediately.
At Apple Cleaning Supplies, we can help you find a commercial vacuum that’s just right for the type of cleaning you’ll be doing. We will never try to sell you a more expensive product that you don’t need and will only give professional guidance for all of your commercial cleaning needs. Contact us today for more information.