17/08/2017 0 Comments
Quick Tips for a Clean and Green Workplace
It’s true: many conventional cleaning products have negative health and environmental implications. Thankfully, Apple Cleaning Supplies in Calgary provides eco-friendly products and top-of-the-line equipment to safely meet your business’s janitorial needs. Follow these six tips to create a safe, non-toxic environment for your staff and clientele:
- Avoid toxic surface cleaners. Many commercial all-purpose surface cleaners contain toxic chemicals that can cause adverse reactions like asthma attacks and skin irritations. For an environmentally sound workplace, disinfect surfaces with a non-caustic multi-purpose cleaner free of ammonia. There are many natural products available on the market that are not only safe but also effective at eliminating dirt and grime.
- Stay away from bleach. Many conventional bathroom cleaners contain bleach, a highly corrosive ingredient that can cause severe skin reactions. Furthermore, bleach leaves behind a strong chemical odour, compromising the air you breathe. Instead, use a milder solution containing hydrogen peroxide to cut through heavily soiled bathroom surfaces.
- Use neutral carpet cleaners. Carpets are fertile ground for bacteria and require regular cleaning; however, chemical compounds from harsh cleaning products can get trapped in carpet fibres and create a toxic environment. Choose cleaners with a neutral pH formula that contain zero traces of phosphates to revive the look of dingy carpets without jeopardizing employees’ health.
- Prioritize water-safe solutions. In addition to being hazardous to your health, toxic chemicals can compromise your community’s water supply. Green cleaning products like vinegar, baking soda and lemon juice are safe and affordable alternatives. You can also rely on commercial bio-based cleaners to remove dirt buildup and keep your wastewater free of contaminants.
- Ditch disposable sponges. Disposable sponges and scrubbing brushes only add to the mountain of junk overflowing in community landfills. For quick cleanups, use microfibre cloths instead. Their positive charge naturally attracts dirt and dust to keep surfaces bacteria- and chemical-free.
- Invest in modernized cleaning equipment. Commercial cleaning experts in Calgary are increasingly investing time and resources to provide businesses with innovative cleaning solutions. Apple Cleaning Supplies, for example, is committed to setting a new standard in the sanitation industry with automatic scrubbers and carpet cleaning machines that, among other pieces of equipment, release fewer chemicals and use less energy.
For sustainable cleaning solutions, trust the experts at Apple Cleaning Supplies! We’re dedicated to improving all workplaces in Calgary with Canadian-made products that are both safe and effective.
Call us to learn more about our vast selection of janitorial supplies and cleaning equipment, from eco-friendly cleaners to high-powered commercial sweepers.
Join our green initiative today!